f
s

You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Armored Warfare - Official Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, July 24th 2014, 2:15pm

Armored Warfare is going to Gamescom!

We’re excited to let you all know that My.com and Obsidian Entertainment will be attending Gamescom in Cologne, Germany from August 13th to 17th! While we’re there, we’ll be giving everyone a lot more information about Armored Warfare’s progression system as well as making a very important announcement about the Armored Warfare beta!

We’re sure you don’t want to wait until Gamescom for some of that information though, so today we’re going to share a little bit about how you’ll acquire new armored vehicles and how you’ll progress in Armored Warfare.

In Armored Warfare, you won’t represent a nation. Instead, you’ll take on the role of an independent private military contractor. You’ll be able to acquire technology from a variety of sources, who won’t be beholden to a particular nation, ideology, or even side of a conflict.

Acting as Commander of your own private military companies, you must conduct business with influential Arms Dealers in order to succeed and prosper. These Dealers are the brokers between defense contractors who manufacture armored vehicles and you, the player, who wants access to the latest and greatest technology on the market.

More information on dealers will be presented at Gamescom, but here are brief introductions to two of the dealers you’ll meet in Armored Warfare:

MARAT SHISHKIN

Known Aliases: The Iron Badger, Grandpa Numbers
Current Location: Nizhny Tagil, Sverdlovsk Oblast, Russia
Specialty: Shishkin believes strongly in the adage “Might Makes Right”, and prefers vehicles that deal a lot of damage. His particular favorites are the T-series, which he has much experience with.

SOPHIE WÖLFLI

Known Aliases: @mumstheword, Chocolatgesetz
Current Location: Zürich, Switzerland
Specialty: As part of the UN Joint Task Forces, Sophie’s job is to coordinated peacekeeping operations around the globe. She tends to prioritize the safety of troops and civilians over all-out destruction. Her industry contacts are mostly European manufacturers who allow import/export through Swiss channels.

doonglerules

Professional

Thursday, July 24th 2014, 2:17pm

Dealers:
SIE SIND DAS ESSEN UND WIR SIND DIE JAGER!!!!
-A stupidly cliche opening theme

Chieftain

Trainee

Thursday, July 24th 2014, 2:22pm

shame I can't come this year :(

Rhein

Intermediate

Thursday, July 24th 2014, 2:27pm

Nope, too far to actually go there. Sad

土地、日出づる国の防衛のために。

-8th Armored Defense Regiment.

Thursday, July 24th 2014, 2:29pm

Il shall chose the women! cuzz why not? :D

Kalavale

Intermediate

Thursday, July 24th 2014, 2:35pm

And my choise already is SOPHIE WÖLFLI. Hopefully she has enough material for me so my Leopard 2 can get all the equipments, better armor, guns, electrical components (Thermal vision, Night vision, better optics overall.)
Too bad that Gamescom is so far that i cant go, but we can always wait until it starts and get more info what we need and hunger.

Mostly this part:

Quoted

we’ll be giving everyone a lot more information about Armored Warfare’s progression system and the beta.

So... more info about beta :P
Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war" / Kodin, Uskonnon ja Isänmaan puolesta ("for Home, Religion and Fatherland")

PC: MB: AsRock Z77 Pro4, PSU: XFX 650W Core Edition, CPU: Intel Ivy Bridge i5-3570K, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 2GB WindForce 2 OC, HD: Kingston 120GB SSDNow, Memory: Kingston HyperX 2x4GB

DualOcean

Trainee

Thursday, July 24th 2014, 2:38pm

to bad I can't go but i'll love to read/ see the videos of it :) Have a great time AW in it
World of Tanks: NA server - In-game name DualOcean

AW: Member of Kingpin Commanders
Kingpin Commanders - Now recruiting in a forum near you!

luk_zloty

Intermediate

Thursday, July 24th 2014, 2:43pm

Nice, veery nice. Good to see you reveal more info :) Little infos, but regular. Good.

"Eat witha a spoon rather than a ladle".

Thursday, July 24th 2014, 2:56pm

Cool, il go with MARAT SHISHKIN as he Know's he Ts so he will have my T-64s & T-80/84s

MARAT SHISHKIN Power!

Sorgeon & KITTYHUGS! for ever make'ing this game a better place for us to game in MEOW! :3 :3 :3 ^_^ :):):)

AshtonChow

Beginner

Thursday, July 24th 2014, 3:05pm

Its cool that there are finally some news of the contents

Thursday, July 24th 2014, 3:14pm

Very interesting idea with military contractors and dealers.

Thursday, July 24th 2014, 3:15pm

Finnaly some info ^^ idk if this system is a good idea but we will see :) can you somebody tell me will be there live online ??? :)

Elven_Elder

Beginner

Thursday, July 24th 2014, 3:25pm

RE: Armored Warfare is going to Gamescom!

MARAT SHISHKIN

Specialty: Shishkin believes strongly in the adage “Might Makes Right”, and prefers vehicles that deal a lot of damage. His particular favorites are the T-series, which he has much experience with.

This guy looks familiar... Wait, OH SHI~

Thursday, July 24th 2014, 3:27pm

dees is good

Thursday, July 24th 2014, 3:28pm

i am looking forward to seeing some more gameplay
i <3 nightcore

Busoshoku Kouka

SamoSpizD

Beginner

Thursday, July 24th 2014, 3:30pm

Looks interesting :)

Thursday, July 24th 2014, 3:40pm

Finaly some news! That's almost exactly how i thought it would be,very very interesting. Can't wait to learn more about the dealers and how they influence the story. I just hope there won't be a "GOOD"/"BAD" side. Russians always get to be the "bad" ones and i'm really tired of it.

Anonymus

Beginner

Thursday, July 24th 2014, 3:42pm

RE: RE: Armored Warfare is going to Gamescom!

MARAT SHISHKIN

Cool :)

Anonymus

Beginner

Thursday, July 24th 2014, 3:43pm

yes... finaly im happy for new informacion :)

Thursday, July 24th 2014, 3:51pm

RE: RE: RE: Armored Warfare is going to Gamescom!

MARAT SHISHKIN

Cool :)
Haha that's what i thought as well!

Boris the Blade,as in Boris the Bullet-dodger. Sneaky f#ckin Russian. Technicaly Uzbekistanian. LOL