We’ve carefully analyzed some of the economy changes that were introduced in the last updates and have decided to introduce several more updates to the Armored Warfare economy system.
Loot System Changes
One of the most common pieces of feedback we’ve received over the last months regarding the Loot System is that the lowest level crates aren’t valuable enough to actually open them. We’ve decided to improve their value by introducing the following rule:
- Opening a Loot Crate will give you a 10% chance of receiving a free Loot Crate one level higher.
In other words, opening a Silver Loot Crate gives you a 10% chance of receiving a free Gold Loot Crate. This rule will apply to all Loot Crates with the Platinum Loot Crates being the only exception as they are top quality crates already.
Fair Reward Distribution
When considering the rewards for all game modes, our goal is to reward players who are active and helpful to the team. This includes supporting your allies by both spotting and immobilizing enemies.
As the first step, we are increasing the flat reward per damage to allow for the changes, mentioned below:
- If you damage a target you are spotting yourself, you will receive 100% of the reward
- If you damage a target someone else is spotting, that someone else will receive 50% of the reward for the damage you’ve done and you will receive 75% of the reward for the damage
Combined with the per-damage increase, what this means is that damage dealers will not see their rewards drop but spotters will receive roughly 25% more Credits.
The same rules apply for support (immobilizing the enemy):
- If you damage a target someone else has immobilized, that someone else will receive 50% of the reward for the damage you’ve done and you will receive 75% of the reward for the damage
Starting from Update 0.22, if multiple vehicles spot the same target, no longer will only the first spotter be rewarded. Instead, the reward for spotting that vehicle will be split amongst the spotters and the first spotter will get an additional bonus. This change will allow for more fair reward distribution without forcing the scouts to race each other, possible to the detriment of their team.
Player versus Player Reward Changes
We’ve listened to your feedback regarding the unfairness of the battle tier multiplier system. In Update 0.22, we are replacing the Battle Tier reward multiplier by Vehicle Tier reward multiplier. Simply put – if your enemy is above your Tier, you will receive better rewards:
- 1 Tier difference – 10% bonus
- 2 Tier difference – 20% bonus
This bonus applies to rewards for damage, kills, support and spotting. Additionally, we are introducing the following changes:
- The Credit reward for capturing a base will be given to all players who participated in the capture (regardless of how many capture points they received) and only if the base capture is successful
- Surviving a battle will earn players 55 Reputation points
- The Reputation for killing an enemy vehicle increased from 56 to 70 Reputation points
- The Reputation for interrupting the capturing of your base will now be awarded proportionally to the maximum amount of points removed
Last but not least, we are changing the way the general rewarding works by:
- Reducing the flat Reputation reward for match participation
- Increasing the Reputation reward for surviving a match
- Increasing the Reputation reward for killing an enemy
These changes will scale by Tier – on low Tiers, the match rewards will remain based on participation. On high Tiers, however, players will be rewarded for activity more.
Global Operations Reward Changes
Over the last weeks, we’ve carefully evaluated the Global Operations rewards and decided to make some adjustments.
Credit and Reputation reward for the points the enemy has lost is now only awarded to those players, who participated in the capturing of enemy bases. The size of the reward depends on the following:
- For Credits, the size is proportional to the points lost by the enemy because your team captured the bases
- For Reputation, the size is proportional to the time it took to capture the base and to the points lost by the enemy because your team captured the bases
- The Credit and Reputation reward for making the enemy lose Global Operations points was increased three times
- The Credit reward for victory was reduced two times
- The Reputation for interrupting the capturing of your base will now be rewarded proportionally to the maximum amount of points removed in the battle
- We significantly increased the amount of Reputation awarded for interrupting enemy base captures
These changes are all made to improve the importance of base point capture instead of raw killing. The Global Operations mode is objective-oriented instead of pure free-for-all deathmatch and the approach to rewards will, starting from Update 0.22, reflect this fact.
Premium and Battle Hardened Vehicle Changes
In Update 0.22, Battle Hardened Reputation income bonus will be boosted from 10% to 20%. This change is intended to make this feature more valuable to players who are using specific vehicles as the means to obtain Reputation for unlocking other parts of the game without having to rely on Premium vehicles. Speaking of Premium vehicles – the repair costs of all Premium vehicles will be reduced to those of a Tier 1 vehicle to improve their income in PvP.
Last but not least, all Battle Hardened and Premium vehicles will receive the following bonus – if a vehicle loses Credits after battle because of consumables use, one half of the consumables cost will be returned to the vehicle owner.
Do you find the consumable compensation above handy in general? Good news then – all vehicles of the winning team will receive this bonus as well!
Inactive Player Punishment
In Update 0.22, we are introducing a new system that will change the way inactive players are rewarded. Simply put, players who are not active in battle (commonly known as “AFKers”) and are not contributing to the match, effectively leeching off those who do contribute, will receive no rewards whatsoever while players who are genuinely attempting to fight but end up dying early in the process (happens to the best of us once in a while) will still reap the rewards of their attempts.
Other changes include the following:
- The post-battle statistics window will also now show the compensation you receive for your teammates killing or damaging you
- Tier 5 repair costs reduced to 10450 Credits
- Tier 6 repair costs reduced to 14500 Credits
- Prices of a number of shells were rebalanced (the full list will be available in Update 0.22 Patchnotes)
These changes are coming in Update 0.22. We hope you will like them and will see you on the battlefield!